The moss architecture studio show room — one of four separate suites in Logan Certified — is a private showroom and Chicago event space available to rent for a variety of gatherings. The light-filled and compelling space is ideal for unique, creatively engaging events. The open floor plan and historic building incorporates elements of the old paired with the modern, ideal for artistic pursuits like film and photo shoots. Special amenities like a custom-built wine rack and pizza oven add specific touches while original exposed brick and an uncovered steel beam (found during construction) running through the courtyard provide architectural intrigue.
HISTORY AND LOCALE
Located in Chicago’s northwest side neighborhood Logan Square, the space calls upon its unique history while incorporating the spirit of the contemporary. Situated inside of a rehabbed 1900’s grocery store, alluring elements of the past pepper the venue while modern updates provide a comfortable and attractive aesthetic. The showroom has been featured in architectural magazines like Dezeen, ArchDaily, and Dwell, and received a 2017 Logan Square Historic Preservation award.
COURTYARD AND OUTDOOR SPACE
As an added bonus is the open and inviting courtyard with a custom-made pizza oven. The area can serve as an appealing background for photo/video shoots or sanctuary for a soirée, with plenty of light, air, and lush greenery providing warmth and charm. The attached garage provides storage space for video equipment or can act as a prep area with easy load in access to the main showroom space.
EVENT SPACE DETAILS
- 2300 sf (courtyard + showroom)
- Open kitchen, living and dining area, master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and a second full bath
- Amenities: WiFi, full kitchen, interior courtyard with pizza oven, private street level entrance, garage for equipment storage, natural light, soundproof, convenient street parking, close to public transit
- Available for rent through Peerspace
- Room capacity: 40 guests
- Rate: $250/hr (6 hour min)
- Accommodating and “hands-off” hosts, allowing you to make use of the space to your liking