We’ve received awards and things for our work. Here are some of them.
Logan Square Preservation Association Design Award
Ford Calumet Green Grant Award Nomination
CS Interiors Best In Design
American Planning Association Award for Community Outreach
International Downtown Association Design Award
Erie Street Loft
Curbed Chicago Renovation of the Year
National City Batch Plant
AIA San Diego Design Award
Speaking to the Public
We are very passionate about architecture, sustainability, viticulutre, fermentation, food, permaculture, water, and cycling, so we like to talk about how those passions intersect with our design work. Here are some of our past speaking gigs.
- Innovation in Reuse and Green Building: NeoCon, Chicago, Illinois
- Merging Landscape and Architecture: Illinois Recycling and Resource Management Conference, Rockford, Illinois
- Navigating Food Design and Permitting: Kitchen Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Merging Landscape and Architecture: Central Design Center, Dallas, Texas
- Alternative and Sustainable Building Materials:, IGGVA, Springfield, Illinois
- Celebration of Sustainable Design: Central Design Center, Dallas, Texas
- Sustainable Architecture and Environments: Green Festival, Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois
- Sustainable Architecture and Environments: Saint Monica Academy, Chicago, Illinois
- Sustainable Architecture and Alternative Building Materials: Chicago Center for Green Technology
- Case Study for Sustainable Neighborhood: Chicago, Illinois
- Energy Consumption of Buildings: Chicago, Illinois
- Strawbale Construction: Borrego Springs, California
Social Outreach | Events
moss is committed to promoting long-term sustainable development practices, we are members of several organizations that help advance these goals including the United States Green Building Council, National Resources Defense Council, Nature Conservancy, Openlands Project, Active Transportation Alliance, and Slow Food USA. We are also members of Alderman Ameya Pawar’s 47th Ward Green Council.
PARK(ing) Day: For one day a year, people worldwide “rent’ urban parking spaces and reclaim them for pedestrians and cyclists with a temporary, public park. moss has led the PARK(ing) Day installation in Chicago for the past three years, bringing live music, local art and plantlife to a stretch of Southport for a summer day.
Ravenswood ArtWalk: For the annual Ravenswood ArtWalk, moss converts its studio into an art gallery, featuring local art, food and drink.