Moss is a full-service architecture and urban design studio located in Logan Square. Our work is diverse by design and allows us to explore design solutions across varied project types, including residential, commercial, hospitality, urban planning, and custom furniture.
To support our growth, we seek a creative and enthusiastic project architect | designer with 5 – 8 years of experience in residential (detailing interiors/exteriors), commercial and mixed-use projects to join our studio. We believe good architecture evolves from a team-focused, collaborative approach. As a result, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to create the best design solutions for our clients. Our work includes diverse projects that range from adaptive reuse, mixed use, commercial, single family, ADUs, breweries, interiors, and custom furniture.
Candidates should have experience in all facets of project design: programming, schematic, client and consultant coordination, CDs, permitting, bidding/pricing, and CA. We work closely with our clients, so the ability to draw by hand, strong presentation, client engagement, communication, and organizational skills are essential.
We value work-life balance and offer flexible working in addition to no mandatory overtime. Weekly lunches and all-you-can-drink craft coffee ensure a happy, caffeinated studio environment.
Please email your cover letter, CV, portfolio, and CD samples in PDF format or link to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
- BS Architecture or M.Arch
- Freehand drawing skills
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in an architecture studio, including design, construction documents, and construction administration
- Experience creating renderings and/or graphics for client presentations
- Strong design creativity and technical proficiency
- Ability to coordinate with consultants, owner’s representatives, contractors, and architectural team members
- Manage projects through all phases from schematic design to construction administration
- Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings
- Experience performing zoning and building code research
- Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp or V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with construction and field experience a plus
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US; no agency applications, please.